Were you discriminated against in the workplace? Were you retaliated against simply for reporting an injustice? Were you sexually harassed? If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, there’s a strong chance you’ll have a valid claim against your employer or company. If you believe you’re a victim of injustice in the workplace, the most important thing you can do is swiftly retain the services of a skilled and compassionate Providence County, Rhode Island employment lawyer who can help you attain the justice you deserve. Contact Herman Law Group today to learn more about what we do and how we can help you through the legal process ahead.
Employment Lawyer | Serving Clients in Providence County, Rhode Island
We know just how devastating it can be to lose your job, take a pay cut, or get demoted due to no fault of your own. The unfortunate reality is that this happens to countless employees throughout Rhode Island virtually every year. Most of these employees don’t do anything about it and simply try and move on with their lives, but this isn’t always the best option. There’s a strong chance that legal recourse is available to these employees, and our firm is here to provide it. Speak with a dedicated employment lawyer from Herman Law Group so we can begin working on your case.
Our Employment Law Services
Herman Law Group provides valuable legal services to clients facing a wide range of issues at their place of employment, including the following:
- Employment Discrimination: In the 21st century, we’d like to think that discrimination in the workplace no longer occurs. Unfortunately, this simply isn’t the case. If you were discriminated against because of your race, gender, age, disability, or another type of protected characteristic, you can turn to our Rhode Island employment lawyer for assistance.
- Employment Agreements: Employment agreements should always be fair both to the employer and the employee. Unfortunately, this isn’t always the case. For this reason, it’s always best to confer with a competent attorney before signing any agreement. Additionally, the penalties for violating an employment agreement are often severe, and if you’re accused of doing so, the first thing you should do is speak with a knowledgeable lawyer who can help combat those accusations.
- Hostile Work Environment: Do you feel uncomfortable, threatened, or unsafe in the workplace? Do you believe this is due to your employer or co-workers purposefully targeting you? If so, you’re likely in a hostile work environment, but fortunately, legal recourse is available, and Herman Law Group is here to provide it.
- Worker Retaliation: Did you catch your employer doing something illegal or in violation of company policy? Were you punished in some way for reporting an injustice in the workplace? If so, you may have a valid retaliation claim. Our firm can help you pursue that claim.
- Sexual Harassment: Sexual harassment in the workplace is abhorrent. Unfortunately, it’s far from a thing of the past. If you were belittled, threatened, or otherwise harassed due to your gender, the time to act is now. Herman Law Group is here to hold the right parties accountable.
- False Claims Act: Private individuals are entitled to bring lawsuits against employers who’ve submitted false or fraudulent claims to the federal government under the False Claims Act. If you’re looking to report a false claim or were retaliated against for doing so, our legal team is here to help.
- Whistleblower Protection: Whistleblowers are an important part of the workforce. If you were retaliated against for reporting wrongdoing, injustice, or a violation of company policy, you need an attorney who can stand up to your employer and fight for the outcome you deserve.
- Wrongful Termination: If you were fired from your job due to a protected characteristic, such as your race, our legal team is here to help fight for justice. Intolerance is unacceptable in the workplace, and we are on your side and will be, every step of the way.
- Wage & Hour Law: Employers often care most about their bottom line. In some cases, they will put their profitability ahead of their employee’s needs, and even the law. If you were denied a fair wage or overtime pay to which you are entitled, you can feel confident in retaining Herman Legal Group to represent you. We’re here to fight for every penny you’ve earned.
- FMLA: The Family Medical Leave Act is a federal law that gives qualifying employees the right to care for family members or newborns and take off of work for a certain period of time. If your employer violated your rights under the FMLA, our firm is here to help.
Why Herman Law Group?
Herman Law Group has a history of successfully representing clients facing employment-related issues here in Rhode Island. When people are wronged by their employers, they deserve a legal advocate who truly cares about their future. At Herman Law Group, we understand that a lot hangs in the balance, including your ability to provide for your family. Fortunately, if you’re reading this, you can have peace of mind, because you’re in the right place. We have over three decades of experience representing people just like you, and we’re prepared to put that experience to work for your case.
Contact a Rhode Island Employment Lawyer Today
The bottom line is that if you were wronged by your employer, you need an attorney who sees you as more than a client, who understands just how much is at stake at this pivotal moment in your life. Fortunately, you’re in the right place. We proudly serve clients in Providence County and throughout Rhode Island, including in Bristol County, Washington County, Kent County, and Newport County. Contact Herman Law Group today to schedule your initial consultation with our competent and dedicated legal team.