Her knowledge and experience was extremely beneficial during the entire legal process.
WAGE & OVERTIME CLAIMS AND CLASS ACTIONS
Are you paid for all the work you actually perform? State and federal wage and hour laws, including the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), provide employees with protection regarding minimum wage, overtime pay and other issues involving employee compensation.
Wage and/or Overtime disputes commonly involve:
- Refusing to properly pay overtime
- Failing to pay wages due
- Misclassifying an employee's status (for example, exempt vs. nonexempt; independent contractor vs. employee)
- Failing to pay for time worked (for example, unpaid wait time and time worked outside of usual hours)
It is also illegal to retaliate against an employee for:
- opposing an employment practice that violates the wage and/or overtime laws;
- complaining about violations of the wage and/or overtime laws;
- filing a charge or complaint;
- testifying or participating in an investigation or proceeding involving violations of the wage and/or overtime laws.
We have represented many Rhode Island and Massachusetts employees in wage and overtime claim disputes. We can examine your wage and/or overtime claim, evaluate whether you are owed compensation and provide you with experienced representation.
If you believe that you have a wage and/or overtime issue and/or if you reported it and believe that you have been retaliated against, you may contact the Law Office of Louise A. Herman for a free consultation.